To be eligible for approval to take the Exam for licensure, the applicant must:
(1) Be at least 18 years of age
(2) Be of good moral character
(3) Submit Application and Application Fee
(4) Submit a signed, $10,000 NC Landscape Contractor’s Surety Compliance Bond (form SB01), purchased from an insurance company, or an Irrevocable Letter of Credit from a financial institution with this application.
Click on the License Application link below to download Exam Application. Once the application has been approved by the Board, the applicant will be notified of approval to take the exam.
Please note that exams cannot be scheduled until all documentation, including surety bond or irrevocable letter of credit, personal and professional references, has been received.
The Exam Payment form is for applicants approved to take the exam. This form is password protected.
⇒ Exam Payment Form for Approved Applicants (On-line Payment)
- If your business is not a sole-proprietorship but is a corporation, partnership, Limited Liability Corporation (LLC), or other business entity, you are required to have a corporate license in addition to an individual license.
Surety Bond (Individual and Corporate)
Please Note: You will also need to obtain, sign and send in with your Surety Bond (Form SB01), a Power of Attorney form which should be supplied by your surety bond agent.