How to reinstate an individual license
To reinstate a license that expired July 31, 2022.
The non-refundable license reinstatement fee is $225.00 ($100.00 license fee, $100.00 reinstatement fee and $25.00 late fee). (N.C.G.S. § 89D-20) We accept checks, eChecks, and Visa, MasterCard or AMEX credit cards.
Licenses may be reinstated by logging in to the Licensee Web Portal. If you do not have your login ID and password or for more information, contact the Board office at 919-266-8070 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To reinstate by mail, a printable renewal form may be found HERE.
Reinstatement is no longer available for individual licenses that expired July 31, 2021 or earlier.
- Continuing Education: All licensed landscape contractors must complete seven (7) hours of Board Approved Continuing Education per year. The seven (7) hours of required continuing education must be earned between August 1 and July 31 each year. Three (3) of seven (7) CE credits must be “landscape (technical)” credits and two (2) of seven (7) must be “business” credits. The remaining two (2) may be either landscape or business. The “landscape (technical)” or “business” classification will be noted on the list of approved courses on our website.
- You may view your CE credits that have been reported by course providers on the licensee web portal.
- Keep Proof of Attendance forms for two (2) years following the renewal date to which the CE’s were applied.
- CE credit hours may not carry over to the next renewal period.
- Your $10,000 NC Landscape Contractor Surety Compliance Bond or Irrevocable Letter of Credit must remain continuously in force. You do not need to submit your bond with the renewal application because the Board has already received your bond with your original license application. However, if any changes have been made to your bond or letter of credit, send the original, signed and sealed document to our office within 30 days of the change.
- Corporate Licenses: If your business operates as a corporation, limited liability corporation (LLC) or partnership, your business will be required to carry a corporate license for the business under which you operate. If you are a sole proprietor operating under an assumed or designated trade name, a corporate license is required unless you have registered with your county Register of Deeds as a DBA (Doing Business As) and notified the NCLCLB office that you are doing business under a different name than how you are licensed.
- If you are a sole proprietor you may operate under your individual license.
- CE credits are not required for a Corporate license.
- What if I did not complete 7 hours of Continuing Education (CE) credit by the renewal year beginning August 1? Can I renew my license?
The renewal date is on or before August 1 of each year. By statute (G.S. §89D-20), licenses that are not renewed shall be automatically revoked. You may renew your license if you complete the 7 hours of CE required for the renewal year. However, the 7 hours of CE credit used to renew cannot be applied to the CE credit required for the new year. To reinstate your license, you will need to:
- Submit documentation of continuing education credits if they are not already showing on your education transcript which may be viewed on the web portal;
- Pay the $100.00 reinstatement fee;
- Pay the $100.00 license renewal fee, and
- Pay the $25.00 late renewal fee.
Failure to request a reinstatement of the license and failure to pay the reinstatement fee, renewal fee, and late renewal fee within one year of expiration shall result in the forfeiture of a license. Upon forfeiture, a person shall be required to submit a new application and retake the examination.