How to reinstate an individual license
Instructions for licenses that expired August 1, 2020
The non-refundable license reinstatement fee is $185.00 ($60.00 license fee, $100.00 reinstatement fee and $25.00 late fee). (N.C.G.S. § 89D-20) We accept checks, eChecks, and Visa, MasterCard or AMEX credit cards.
- To reinstate on-line, click HERE.
- To reinstate by US mail (Form RA03), click HERE for printable form.
Reinstatement is no longer available for licenses that expired August 1, 2019 or earlier.
For 2020-2021 reinstatements only: You do not have to report Continuing Education (CEU) credits to reinstate your landscape contractors license for 2020-21, due to course availability complications relative to the COVID-19 virus. No CEU hours are required to reinstate your license for 2020-21. If you took continuing education during the 2019-20 licensing year, you may use those hours for renewal next year for 2021-22.For license renewal in 2021-22, you will need 7 hours of approved continuing education credit hours. In effect you only need 7 hours of approved continuing education credit hours between August 1, 2019 and July 31, 2021.
- Continuing Education: All licensed landscape contractors must complete seven (7) hours of Board Approved Continuing Education per year. The seven (7) hours of required continuing education must be earned between August 1 and July 31 each year. Three (3) of seven (7) CE credits must be “landscape (technical)” credits and two (2) of seven (7) must be “business” credits. The remaining two (2) may be either landscape or business. The “landscape (technical)” or “business” classification will be noted on the list of approved courses on our website.
- You will be instructed to submit CE verification with your renewal application.
- Keep Proof of Attendance forms for two (2) years following the renewal date to which the CE’s were applied.
- CE credit hours may not carry over to the next renewal period.
- Your $10,000 NC Landscape Contractor Surety Compliance Bond or Irrevocable Letter of Credit must remain continuously in force. You do not need to submit your bond with the renewal application because the Board has already received your bond with your original license application. However, if any changes have been made to your bond or letter of credit, send the original, signed and sealed document to our office within 30 days of the change.
- Corporate Licenses: If your business operates as a corporation, limited liability corporation (LLC) or partnership, your business will be required to carry a corporate license for the business under which you operate. If you are a sole proprietor operating under an assumed or designated trade name, a corporate license is required unless you have registered with your county Register of Deeds as a DBA (Doing Business As) and notified the NCLCLB office that you are doing business under a different name than how you are licensed.
- If you are a sole proprietor you may operate under your individual license.
- CE credits are not required for a Corporate license.
- What if I did not complete 7 hours of Continuing Education (CE) credit by the renewal year beginning August 1? Can I renew my license?
The renewal date is on or before August 1 of each year. By statute (G.S. §89D-20), licenses that are not renewed shall be automatically revoked. You may renew your license if you complete the 7 hours of CE required for the renewal year. However, the 7 hours of CE credit used to renew cannot be applied to the CE credit required for the new year. To reinstate your license, you will need to:
- Submit documentation of continuing education credits;
- Pay the $100.00 reinstatement fee;
- Pay the $60.00 license renewal fee, and
- Pay the $25.00 late renewal fee.
Failure to request a reinstatement of the license and failure to pay the reinstatement fee, renewal fee, and late renewal fee within one year of expiration shall result in the forfeiture of a license. Upon forfeiture, a person shall be required to submit a new application and retake the examination.
Reinstatement Payment Only
(For renewal or reinstatement applications that have already been received by NCLCLB office. Use only if instructed to do so by the NCLCLB office.)