to renew for August 1, 2017 through July 31, 2018
These renewal instructions are for renewal period August 1, 2017 to July 31, 2018.
To reinstate your license that was not renewed for August 1, 2016 to July 31, 2017, please contact the NCLCLB office.
- Continuing Education: All licensed landscape contractors must complete seven (7) hours of Board Approved Continuing Education per year. The seven (7) hours of required continuing education must be earned between August 1 and July 31 each year. You will be instructed to submit CE verification with your renewal application. Do not send Proof of Attendance forms. Keep Proof of Attendance forms for two (2) years following the renewal date to which the CE’s were applied.
- Your $10,000 NC Landscape Contractor Surety Compliance Bond or Irrevocable Letter of Credit must remain continuously in force. You do not need to submit your bond with the renewal application because the Board has already received your bond with your original license application. However, if any changes have been made to your bond or letter of credit, send the original, signed and sealed document to our office within 30 days of the change.
- The non-refundable license renewal fee is $60.00 for renewals postmarked or paid on-line on or before August 1. For late renewals, a $100.00 reinstatement fee and $25.00 late fee are added. We accept checks, eChecks, and Visa, MasterCard or AMEX credit cards.
- Renewal forms with reported CE information for 08/01/2017 to 07/31/2018 will be emailed to licensees on or before June 1, 2017.
- You may renew early using the on-line renewal form which is now open. You will be required to enter CE courses taken on the on-line form. Click HERE to renew on-line.
- CE credit hours may not carry over to the new renewal period.
- New CE rule beginning August 1, 2016 – July 31, 2017. Three (3) of seven (7) CE credits must be “landscape (technical)” credits and two (2) of seven (7) must be “business” credits. The remaining two (2) may be either landscape or business. The “landscape (technical)” or “business” classification will be noted on the list of approved courses on our website.
- Corporate Licenses: If your business is a corporation, limited liability corporation (LLC), partnership or other business entity, you are required to have a corporate license in addition to an individual license.
- What if I did not complete 7 hours of Continuing Education (CE) credit by the renewal year beginning August 1? Can I renew my license?
The renewal date is on or before August 1 of each year. By statute (G.S. §89D-20), licenses that are not renewed shall be automatically revoked. You may renew your license if you complete the 7 hours of CE required for the renewal year. However, the 7 hours of CE credit used to renew cannot be applied to the CE credit required for the new year. To reinstate your license, you will need to:
- Submit documentation of continuing education credits;
- Pay the $100.00 reinstatement fee;
- Pay the $60.00 license renewal fee, and
- Pay the $25.00 late renewal fee.
- To reinstate your license, contact the NCLCLB office.
Failure to request a reinstatement of the license and failure to pay the reinstatement fee, renewal fee, and late renewal fee shall result in the forfeiture of a license. Upon forfeiture, a person shall be required to submit a new application and retake the examination. G.S. §89D-20(b), Rule 21 NCAC 28B .0601